Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yesterday it hit me.  The reality of stepping out in faith. The reality of 7 children and a husband who just followed Jesus out of the corporate world to care for the fatherless of the world.

Trust.  Complete trust. That's where we stand.

Obedience.  Complete obedience.  That's where we want to be.

Crazy?  Yes, that is what we are called.  We brought four beautiful children home from Africa in 15 months and people think we are crazy.  My perspective? There are more than 147 million little faces that need a mommy right now.  Now, that's CRAZY.


However, yesterday when the reality of our last paycheck and Righ's company car being picked up today hit me, I had a "deep breath" day.  Big deep breaths.

Then, I was reminded of Jesus and where He has us. This is our new journey, a new chapter and He is in control.  So, as we step into it, we trust.  We obey. We let Him lead. Then, we follow wherever He takes us.

A sweet friend asked late yesterday afternoon if I had read Jesus Calling for the day.  I had not and she encouraged me to go home and do just that (we left at 7:30 am for dentist and dr. appts plus grocery shopping).

Let the radiance of My Glory shine upon you, as you wait on Me in confident trust.  Be still and know that I am God.  There is both a passive and an active side to trusting Me.  As you rest in My Presence focusing on Me, I quietly build bonds of trust between us. 


Words of reassurance. Words of peace.  Yes, God is leading.  Yes, we are following.  And yes, we trust.  Now that opportunity is greater, but so is the possibility for more Glory to shine upon our KING!!!


So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 10:31



1 comment:

Deb said...

OH my word! I didn't know! What is Righ doing? I'm SO proud of you all. I will boast in the Lord in YOU!!!
Praying for you.