Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adoption update

We started the process for 2 sweet boys in February of this year, just 3 months after bringing Samuel and Helen home from Ghana. Crazy? Yes, but crazy for Jesus. Longing to follow Him at all costs. Doing whatever He asks of us.

We sped through the first part of the process because everything was already current from our first adoption. We were able to bypass many of the steps the other families had to wait on. So we have been ready for court for months and months, just like everyone else. However, Ghana is trying to establish a way to protect their children better. Therefore, we are in a holding position.

Today we knew there was a possibility for some movement on our case. As I talked to my in country coordinator tonight and he told me it will be next week, I trusted. I trusted my Jesus to know EXACTLY what He is doing. He has a plan, a story He wants to write, but I need to wait for Him. All of us adoptive parents need to wait and be patient. We need to be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10. I know at the end of the journey it will be so worth it. Those little hugs will be worth the wait, worth the heartache and it will all go away once they are in my arms forever.

Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

Deb said...

Awesome God. I will continue to pray. You are BLESSED in your waiting. Thank you for your Godly example!