Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Remind Me Who I Am - Jason Gray

We were given free tickets to Andrew Peterson's  BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD concert last night.  What an amazing blessing!!!  So Sydney, Keenan and I went while Dad kept the three little kids at home.

The first half of the concert was everyone playing two of their own songs.  As the 2nd guy stood up and started playing, I recognized one of my favorite songs.  (I am horrible at remembering who plays what and the names of songs.)

Sitting there listening to Jason Gray singing "Remind Me Who I Am", my mind went to the fatherless, to the orphan, to my sons who are orphans  NO MORE, to my Heavenly Father who adores me and I was reminded of His great love for ME.  And YOU.  And each person on this Earth.

He sang the words, "I belong to you," and I saw my precious son running to me with the brightest smile on his face knowing in his heart he belongs to me.



 I saw the empty, sad eyes of children just waiting for someone to say YOU BELONG TO ME.  I was reminded of the millions of children sitting around the world waiting to belong, to be loved, to be held, to be cherished, to be told the name of JESUS!!!

My heart was overflowing and broken all at the same time.  Thankful for a God who moves mountains, who changes hearts, who places the lonely in families, who gives me grace each and every day.  Broken for the children who need someone to come, someone to be His hands and feet, someone to remind them who they are and that they belong to a Heavenly Father.  Are you the one someone is waiting on?


No comments: