Monday, October 4, 2010

Where are we?

We filed our I600 with USCIS in Ghana 35 days ago. Their "usual" approval timeframe is 30 days or less. You can imagine the anticipation every day to see if they will email us back. Well, this morning I woke up, opened my email and there it was. An email from USCIS, ACCRA. I opened the email and this is what I read, "The adoption decree you submitted with your petition is not legible. Please submit a new one so we can process your petition." Tears came! What, are you kidding me? I felt like someone had just punched me in the stomach. I was expecting an approval and I got this. I cried for over an hour. As my family woke one by one, this is how they found me. Not a good start to our morning! However, I have been gently reminded by my Heavenly Father this morning of His love for me, for us, for my family. I was reminded of the day He told me He had sent HIS ANGELS to watch over my African babies. I was reminded that we will not always understand His purpose, but it is His. (Thank you, Robin!) And God's word for Righ this morning? PEACE. He will grant us peace.

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. This is where we have to trust this morning because we sure don't understand this.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.

I'll leave you with this video we made of our time in Ghana. It was finished last week, but I waited for Aaron Ivey's permission to publicize it. His song AMOS STORY has spoken volumes to me through the months. I think you will see why.

I cannot make it work so click here to watch.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

you.are.kidding. oh man... soooo frustrating. you'd think they could have told you before 35 days that it was illegible :\ SIGH. i'm sorry. praying that this next time it's processed in UNDER 30 days!

jill funkhouser said...

Pure beauty! That video just brought so many tears to my eyes. Your all so beautiful and precious and full of love. You are all in our prayers! Lots of love
The funks
www.campfunk.blogspot.com