Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A year later

One year ago on February 13 we said YES to two little boys in Ghana.  We said YES, we love you, we adore you and we know God has placed you in our family.  





Everyone thought we were crazy. They accused us of being addicted to adoption since Samuel and Helen had only been home almost 3 months.  But they were wrong. We were just following Jesus. Following Him down the path He laid before us.  Obeying Him at all costs.  Looking foolish to the world, but knowing in our hearts we were doing what He asked.

So last night I found out our power of attorney in Ghana was preparing for our visa exit interview on February 23.  WHAT??  I was shocked. I sat in disbelief because my boys were to arrive at the US Embassy in less than 12 hours.  I panicked, then trusted.  I cried, then prayed.  I gave it to God and our POA got everything together and they made it.

Imagine my delight when I was woken at 6 am by our in country volunteer with the words:  YOUR VISAS WILL BE PRINTED THIS FRIDAY!!!

What does that mean? It means our boys are coming home!




All praise, glory, and honor be to our Lord Jesus Christ! He is faithful and He has done what He promised when it hasn't made sense to anyone!




Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have laid out for you; declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: