Monday, March 29, 2010

God is SO GOOD!

God is so good, all the time! I know that, but He has the most awesome way of reminding me. Last week, we prepared for our big yard sale to raise money for the Beebe adoption and our adoption. We had so many people donate items! There were over 20 families who helped us with the treasures we laid out on Friday morning. Not only that, but there were so many wonderful people (friends) supporting us. From buying food from our kids at the concession stand, to sorting hours and hours worth of clothes for us to sell, to bringing lunch for us on Friday. I could go on and on and on! I am so amazed by everyone's willingness to give their time! Thank you so much for supporting our families! You are helping us bring our children home and it's so incredible to have people standing alongside us! We need that!

We raised $2600 total. Yay!!! What a blessing! Our kids worked hard both days and they made $350 (that's included in the total) on their concession stand. See, God is so good! Just a gentle reminder.

There were so many strangers who touched my heart this past weekend. We had huge signs up telling everyone it was an adoption fundraiser and the kids had flyers they handed out. Some people simply said, "Good luck!" or "I'll be praying for you." One sweet lady had two babies 20 months apart. This alone tugged at my heart because my two oldest are 17 months apart. When she got there she was interested in the double jogging stroller I had used with my two. After talking with her, I discovered she is a cross country coach and needs it everyday. She ended up buying it and as I was helping her load it she said, "I prayed this morning for God to lead me to the right yard sale to find a jogging stroller." And look where He led her! She was even happier to purchase ours to help us with our adoption. Not only that, but adoption is on her heart! Another lady handed me a check for no apparent reason and walked to her car. I was confused and looked toward her. She walked back and said, "That's for your adoption." I hugged her and she said she would be praying for our families and our children we are bringing home. She's spreading the word to her prayer warriors! Two sweet ladies saw pictures of my little ones and cried, which made me cry. Then, one hugged me and said she's so thankful to be a tiny part of our adoption. These people and everyone else who helped in any way or shopped this weekend are not a tiny part of our adoption. They are a HUGE part of it and my Ghanaian children will know the love and compassion of these strangers. I want them to know they were prayed over and loved by complete strangers. I want them to know Jesus' love that shines through His servants. People working for the glory of God and to further His kingdom. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone! Thank you for reaching out to our families and thank you for loving Jesus!

No comments: