Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Memorial Box Monday

Linny over at A Place called Simplicity takes every Monday for Memorial Box Monday. You can click here for the details. Well, as I read hers yesterday I was inspired to share one of many, many God stories that we have.

You see, back in November when Righ and I were both on the same page to adopt (yes, it took him much longer than me :) ), we decided, on our own I might add, to adopt a little girl younger than Aiden. He was almost 3 at the time. So we filled out all our paperwork and as we were getting ready to mail it, a last minute thought came up. Should we check that we would consider siblings? We prayed about it and to be honest, really felt God saying yes. However, I talked us right out of that one. We convinced ourselves we could not adopt out of birth order, which meant we would have 3 kids 3 years and under. Also, this would be way too hard for Aiden, our baby. :) So 2 months later we really felt God telling us we were to adopt siblings. Remember our paperwork read 1 child and we were getting ready to submit our I600A to USCIS. We were down to the wire. It was almost too late to change our minds. God had a plan from the beginning, though. While Righ was in Atlanta working and I was home holding down the fort, we both agreed to pray about siblings. When we talked the next morning, it was so obvious to both of us what God had in store. He had a sibling set waiting for our family. I contacted our agency that day and was so surprised to learn they had just received a healthy sibling set with a 5 year old boy and a little girl that was 2. AHHHHH! Now that is God. We waited for medicals and photos and just prayed God would show us His plan. So these are the two sweet children that belong in our family, the ones God had planned all along, and the ones we are anxiously awaiting their arrival. Another point to mention, we "wanted" a little girl younger than our Aiden. Our African princess is only 6 weeks younger than him. Doesn't God have a sense of humor???

3 comments:

Renee said...

Wow! Wonderful story....God's plan is always best....I needed to hear that myself today....His timing...His plan....His love.....Thanks for sharing this story...

natali said...

God's plan is always the best way to go! Love this! :))

linds said...

I love reading Linny's blog too! Glad you are feeling better friend! :0)