Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Consumed

I have been so consumed with our adoption the last few months, I feel I am neglecting so many other things. I check email countless times during the day and in between everything else I'm trying to do, my three wonderful children fall between the cracks. Before I know it, it's dinnertime, then bedtime. My house still needs to be picked up and laundry needs to be done. I feel like I haven't spent any time with my children (who I homeschool) and I have stuck them in front of the television WAY too much!!! I wonder where has my day gone? After melting down completely this afternoon, I met a friend in town and she helped me talk through everything. I realize I am trying to do too much. I need to slow down, enjoy my time with these three children before our others come home. I need to make priorities and realize our family is undergoing a major transition. Before long, I'll be a mother to 5 children under my roof. I cannot wait (oh how I cannot wait), but until that day I am vowing to take a step back from everything except my family. I need to focus on my responsibilities for them, my husband and children. The other thing I realized today is for the last couple of weeks, I have been trying to do everything ON MY OWN. Not possible! I can only do things through Jesus who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2 He is my Helper, my Comforter, my Supporter! I need to put Him first and ask for His guidance.

Please continue to pray for our family and our sweet children in Africa. And I thank God for sweet friends who will pray for me and with me. Friends who will drop everything when I need something and for a husband who walked in the door tonight as I walked out just so I could be rejuvenated!

No comments: