Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vaccines

We went to the travel clinic in Knoxville yesterday for our typhoid and yellow fever. Since we are all traveling, we all needed them. Yellow fever is a requirement to be allowed into Ghana. Needless to say, our children were less than happy about our appointment. I think Aiden asked at least a hundred times, "Do I have to get a shot, Momma?" My answer was always, "We'll see!" Our older kids always say when they hear that answer it doesn't look good for them. Back to the story. We arrived and I realized we did not have our checkbook. Well, the clinic only accepts cash or check. By the way, yellow fever is $110 per person. And we never carry that much cash with us. However, the day before I had gone to the bank to cash a check. I couldn't remember exactly how much money we had (I had spent some at the grocery), but decided to count it. Don't you know, I had exactly $550 in my purse. The exact amount we needed to receive our vaccines. Without this money, they would not have given us those shots. God knew what He was doing, though, as always. So we got our shots and went on our merry (or unmerrily) way. :)

I forgot to tell you they told us they NEVER bill people for vaccines, but they gave us our typhoid and billed us! God was certainly in control of that appointment. Just another confirmation to us that we are following His plan!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Yay!!! So glad He continues to provide glimpses of His hand at work! What an encouragement!!!