Monday, April 12, 2010

God has perfect timing

A friend just sent us the link to this video and it spoke volumes to me. Sometimes it is so hard to wait for our kids to come home and sometimes it is easier. I know everything is in God's timing and He is perfect. I do not doubt that, but knowing my children are in another country is too much to bear sometimes. Do they know I'm coming? Do they have the photo album we sent? Do they realize their lives are about to change drastically? So many unknowns. Adoption is very unpredictable most of the time. We have no idea on timeframe. We can speculate, but it is just a guess. Once our approval letter arrives in Ghana, they will schedule court. After court (I think), I'll travel by myself to file our I600 petition. The children will be able to stay with me while I'm there, but I will have to leave them behind. Pray for this because it will be one of the hardest things I will ever do. Once I'm back home, we'll wait for our petition to be approved. This could take a few weeks or months. Things are changing in Ghana right now so no one truly knows. Like I said before, though, God has perfect timing. It is not my timing, but His own. Through this, we (and everyone else) walking through it will need to find peace in Him. Rest in Him. I need to lay my children, who are ultimately His children, at His feet. I need to have faith that He will take care of them. He loves them so much more than I do, which seems unimaginable. He loves all of us like that. Something I am reminded of so much lately is these two precious children are only 2. There are 147 million orphans in the world. God is moving on so many people's hearts right now, but He needs more of us to take care of these children! Jesus said in John 14:18, "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." Enjoy the video and let your hearts be touched.

(I have been trying to upload this video, but each time I am almost there my computer kicks off. So frustrated! Go to youtube and search for Amos Story-Aaron Ivey. It will be worth your time.)

As angels hold you tight, may you sleep in peace tonight, my little ones

No comments: