Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Children of the World

I received an email this morning that the Children of the World International Choir would be singing at a local church tonight. I looked them up and realized these children were orphans from Uganda, Nepal, and the Phillipines. Instantly, I knew we would go. I was so excited! And it was so incredible. To see their faces and hear some of their stories, all while they sang worship songs to our Heavenly Father! It was amazing! As I was sitting there, I longed for my African children to come home soon. To be honest, though, that was not what lingered. I realize I am not doing enough. James 1:27 says to take care of the orphans and the widows. I realized sitting there I need to do more. I need to give Jesus my all. Did you know 6,000 children die each day from unclean water? This is PREVENTABLE!!! We can do something about it. The time is now. It is our time to step up and step out for the less fortunate. God's heart breaks for the orphans. Ours should, too. Six months ago, I had no idea of the orphan plight. I knew I wanted to adopt, but it was for me, not for God. Over the last few months I have learned how tragic unclean water is to so many people. In the past, I never wanted to know. I wanted to turn my eyes and ears away and live in my own little, perfect world. No longer! I want everyone to know what children have to endure. I want them to know so they can help. More people need to be told. Check out this organization. Or Blood:Water Mission. The possibilities to help are endless. We all just need to find what makes us passionate and live out for it. Live for Jesus! Be willing to sacrifice everything we are and everything we have for Him! This is scary to me, but my prayer is I will have the courage. The courage to stand up and say YES to whatever God wants me to do. Will you join me?

1 comment:

Bloggin' Robin said...

Wow - I'm struggling wit the same things inside - feeling like I should be doing more. Grieving my incapability. Not sure where to start other than enlarging my heart to enfold all that is in God's heart! Thanks for posting!