Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Fatherless on Father's Day

















back

front











Father's Day is coming up and it reminds me of a few different things. First of all, my earthly father. He is so loving, caring, helpful and taught me how to love Jesus and follow God. I am thankful each day for both he and my mother. God truly blessed me. Next, I think of my Heavenly Father who loves me more than I can even imagine. He loves me unconditionally. He loves me so much He sent His own Son to die on the cross. I am amazed by the life He has blessed me with. I have 5 beautiful children, a wonderful husband and loving, supportive friends. I have more materially than the majority of the world and have never gone hungry or without anything a day in my life. I want to share my God and my Jesus with the world. I want the people of the world to know His love for them, for you and for me. I want the children of the world to know about Jesus and how much He loves them. I want the children of the world to have homes, to have food and clean water. I want to fulfill God's calling on my life. I want to do the mission He has given me. I want the world to know how many orphans there are and what we all can do to help them. Pray for them to find forever homes, pray for them to have food and clean water, pray for them to hear about Jesus' love, pray for the way God wants you to help Him help the orphans. Pray for the adoptive families across the world trying to bring little ones home. Or if you feel God calling you to adopt, let me pray for you and with you. This adoptive community is so incredible. I have met and made so many unbelievable friends and prayer partners. I am so thankful for that. What a blessing! Lastly, Father's Day reminds me of the fatherless. The children around the world who do not know their Heavenly Father, the ones who do not have an earthly father to hold them tight at night. I watch my own husband and the father he is to our children. I long for the day our African babies will be here and I can watch him hold them tight. I cannot wait for the day when I can watch our children wrap their arms around his neck and say "I love you, Daddy!" My husband and the men of the world are showing our children the love of our Heavenly Father. Let's step out for God and step up for the fatherless.

In honor of Father's Day, we are selling our brown adoption t-shirts for $15 with $5 shipping. Help us spread the word about our Father who did not leave us as orphans. He adopted us. Let's speak up for the orphans by spreading the word.
Adult sizes: small, medium, large, xlarge, 2x
Child sizes: xsmall(2-4), small(6-8), medium(10-12), large(14-16), xlarge(18-20)
Chocolate brown shirts
Front: I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18
Back: Will you come? Yes, I will come because Jesus came for me.

This shirt is not designed only for adopting families. I know it says I will come because Jesus came for me, BUT anytime you help someone else adopting, you are helping an orphan.
All money raised from our shirts will go to bringing our children home. Once they are home, any extra money will go to another adoptive family, then another and so on. Let's pass it on!

1 comment:

Deb said...

The title of your post made me panic for a moment! But I loved it. And I'm relieved I didn't miss that day. :)
Blessings and praying.
Deb